Wednesday, April 16, 2014

2 Mistakes I Made When Transitioning To Raw

Although this lifestyle is awesome, there are a few things one must keep in mind when transitioning and succeeding long-term. There's one common misconception that everyone seems to get wrong. I know I sure did when I first began this lifestyle, but I quickly learned...

Miliany Bonet raw foods

Just because this lifestyle is guilt-free, it doesn't mean that you don't have to watch what you're eating. No, I'm not talking about calorie restricting (counting calories is not really necessary on this lifestyle).


When I transitioned to raw, I made a few mistakes. I learned through every mistake, which is very important. I'm glad these mistakes happened to me, as I can be an inspiration to help others along their journeys.

transitioning to raw mistakes


One of the many misconceptions that many people think (including me when I first started) was that, you can't gain weight eating plant-based. That;s not true. You CAN gain weight eating a raw vegan diet. It's possible, as it happened to me more than 5 times. BUT, don't let this discourage you from eating raw foods.

There are fruits, such as durian, dates, jackfruit, raisins, coconuts (and more) that will help with weight gain. Durian is an exotic fruit that's high in fat. Therefore, it's not a fruit that should be eaten in large quantities. Don't eat durian like if it was bananas, because you will notice weight gain.

Overindulging in nuts and seeds will also help in weight gain. The thing that lead me to weight gain was, I was overindulging in gourmet raw foods and high-fat fruits. For more info, read my story on how I gained weight here.

If you're looking to lose weight and achieve optimal health, don't overindulge in gourmet raw foods! A low-fat diet is very important.

Another factor that lead to my weight gain was, I stopped juicing for 3-4 months! Going months without juicing was a BIG mistake. I used to juice on a daily basis when I first started this lifestyle, but then I was eating a high-fat, raw vegan diet. During that period, I noticed a change in my body. I not only gained weight, but I woke up tired, my energy decreased and I stopped exercising.

Juicing on a daily basis is very key if you want optimal health, lose weight, feel alive, look younger, have glowing skin, and cure any disease. Read my post on the difference between juices and smoothies.

So, my advice to you when transitioning to raw, eat a low-fat diet and juice daily. For delicious, detoxing recipes, check out my recipes index on RawVeganLiving.

Hope this post was helpful. Don't make these mistakes that I did!


Love and Health to you,
Miliany

No comments:

Post a Comment